Thursday, March 24, 2011

No One Wins ..

For starters, After the first protest I've been to (And the second one to occur since this thing started) I did not really advocate protests of the forcefull-loud type -- like I told one of the people on the 'other' side, our beloved Faculty dean: I'd rather listen to music, have a quiet cup of coffee .. friendly conversation .. convince people .. maybe even meet a nice girl in the process! -- Than to march and shout my lungs out through the B and C Buildings ..

And there's a new law in Egypt, and most of the Suspended Students have gotten back already with a Compromise in which they promise not to break any University laws but they Have the Full Freedom to Express their Mind ..

This Tactically means one Battle is over. And its up to the different sides to decide how to proceed next - with cooperative reform or, awareness campaigns or Union pressure. Whatever. The Management now knows I think, it cannot ignore its Student's demands forever (and Faculty). And the Students know their voices have power ..

As for me, I've spent enough for this already - I'll need to get back to my life, I'll give this website to one of the younger Gucians. Its their cause now ..

With all the wishes to Make our University better.

Mohammed.



No comments:

Post a Comment